One-day study day
This study day is aimed at all grades of Allied Health Professionals who have contact with Patients with Parkinson’s Disease in a non specialist setting. The day looks at a multidisciplinary approach to the management of patients.
Each session will be led by a clinical specialist in the field of Parkinson’s Disease.
Aims and Objectives:
• To increase understanding of aetiology and pathology of Parkinson’s
• To understand the drug actions, options and importance of getting medication on time in Parkinson’s Disease.
• To understand the non-motor symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease.
• To gain knowledge of the best practise and current evidence based therapy management of Parkinson’s Disease, including Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy.
• To know how to use cues and strategies in Parkinson’s Disease
Venue: Hermitage Medical Clinic
Old Lucan Road
Date: Saturday 11th January 2020
€155 per person